Indian food is a famous culinary treasure. The fragrant, layered flavors of dishes make it hard to believe that a dish could be completely delicious without the perfect spice combination. Spices are added not only for flavor but also to make the dish fresher. While there are plenty of different varieties out there, it can be difficult to find storage that suits all your needs as an Indian cook.
Indian cooking requires mastering the art of storing spices as well as knowing when and how to utilize them most effectively in your recipes. This becomes a challenge for cooks because no one wants to be limited by the availability of ingredients. Fortunately, there are a few tricks for storing spices and herbs at home that will make Indian cooking more accessible. Here are some simple tips for storing spices so that they maintain their flavor and stay fresh for longer!
- Store in a cool, dry place: Make sure to store spices in a cool and dry place because spices lose their flavor and potency if they are exposed to light, heat, or humidity.
- Pick the right container: Make sure you pick a spice jar that can be opened easily as well as closed tightly so that there are no chances of it spilling out when carrying around in your bag. It should also have a tight-fitting lid for airtight storage.
- Make sure to label and date: It is very important to make a label for the container so that you are able to know what’s inside it without having to open them all up at once. Also, remember when the spice came into your possession because spices lose their potency over time, so it will be best if you rotate them and try out the best masala in Delhi available.
- Avoid them from moisture: When spices come in contact with moisture, they can become old and moldy. So, It is recommended to store herbs and spices in a cool dark place like your kitchen pantry or cupboard away from windows, heat sources, light, oxygen, etc.
- Organize the containers: it is important to keep your spices organized and easy to find so you can use them as needed without having to search endlessly for that one spice that might be buried under other jars of herbs or spices. It will also reduce confusion when shopping since each herb has its own unique container. However, you can easily shop fresh spices from the Pooja masala store located in Delhi or buy on https://poojamasalastore.com